Saturday 19 September 2009

Subtitling returns

Dear all,

There was a positive response to the few tidbits I posted on subtitling earlier in the summer, so I thought the following might be of interest.

For those of you within hailing distance of London, the Translators Association of the Society of Authors is holding a subtitling workshop on 8 October called 'Found in Translation'. The language combination is French-English but I believe no knowledge of French is necessary to enjoy the workshop. More information on the event can be found here on the BCLT website (I couldn't find details on the Society's website but may, as usual, have been looking in the wrong place).

I also came across the following amusing short film which any of you who teach translation may like to use as an Awful Warning about the perils of machine translation:


No comments: